The Tulsa Genealogical Society will be offering a series of mini-workshops at their facility, starting this Thursday, January 27. According to the society’s publicity, at the first workshop, “Scrapbooking – Genealogy Style,” “Peggy Blodgett and Linda Quinn will demonstrate ‘hands on’ how to organize a family scrapbook that will find a space on your coffee table, and a special place in your heart.” Doors open at 6:30pm; workshop 7:00-9:00pm.
The suggested donation of $10.00 benefits the Tulsa Genealogical Society. There will also be a $2.00 charge for scrapbooking materials. For more information, call 918-627-4224.
Additional workshops have been scheduled (including the workshop I will present on February 24)
- February 24, 2011 — Barbara Meehan, “What’s New With FamilySearch.”
- March 31, 2011 — Janet Cottrell, “Cemeteries”
- April 28, 2011 — Laura Martin, “Oklahoma Historical Society”
- May 26, 2011 — Steve King, “Steamships & Early Migration Routes
- June 23, 2011 — Kathy Huber, Topic To Be Announced
The suggested donation for each of the mini-workshops is $10.00. TGS is located at 9136 East 31st Street, at the southeast corner and back of the Briar Village Shopping Center.